BECIS is committed to the effective management of risks and opportunities in environmental, social, and health and safety areas. This policy underpins our efforts to ensure that our projects are sustainable and generate lasting value for our stakeholders and shareholders.
BECIS recognises the obligation to protect people and the environment from being adversely impacted by our business operations and strives to go beyond compliance and align with industry best practices.
BECIS commits to:
- Reduce the environmental footprint and combat pollution in every facet of operations.
- Equip the team with the knowledge and tools needed to lessen the activities’ negative effects on the environment, local communities, and society at large, while enhancing positive outcomes.
- Adopt and maintain an Environment, Social, and Health, Safety Management System for all projects, ensuring ongoing enhancement and transparent reporting.
- Meet and exceed the standards of applicable Environmental, Social, and Health Safety regulations, aiming for excellence in global industry practices.
- Ensure safe and healthful work conditions for employees through effective management, control measures, skill development, and training.
- Engage with main suppliers and partners to apply relevant ES and HS standards, encouraging worker involvement and addressing grievances wherever possible.
- Integrate considerations of social, environmental, and economic impact into the investment evaluation process to ensure balanced decisions.
- Commit to upholding human rights according to the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, taking every precaution to exclude all forms of modern slavery from operations.
- Maintain a transparent and equitable hiring process, avoiding discrimination, providing equal opportunities, and respecting local nuances.
- Constantly enhance organizational capabilities by assigning qualified ES and HS professionals to identify, evaluate, and manage the environmental and safety risks associated with projects.
Eren Ergin, CEO