Last updated: March 2021
We respect your privacy and are committed to complying with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (Act 26 of 2012) (“PDPA”) and other applicable data protection laws where applicable. Our registered office is in Singapore with a registered address at 82 Amoy Street, #02-00 Singapore 069901.
Number: 6750 4505
This policy outlines how we manage the Personal Data we hold. This policy applies to all departments and units across the BECIS Group.
Please read this policy carefully so that you understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
Your continued use of the website indicates your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data as set out herein.
This policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to us in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which any member of the BECIS Group may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. This policy does not affect any rights which we may have at law in connection with the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data.
For the avoidance of doubt, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, nothing in this Policy establishes any liability on the part of any of the BECIS Group.
2. What types of data do we collect and how do we use it?
“Personal Data” refers to any data or information about you from which you can be identified either (a) from that data alone or (b) from that data combined with other information.
Customer service information. You may provide information by contacting us via our website or email, telephone. We may use this data to:
- communicate with you
- contact you via telephone or email
- facilitate transactions
- identify our users
- administer and provide services and customer support per your request
- enforce our terms and conditions
- ensure the integrity and security of the system and transactions
- administer the services we provide to you.
Technical usage information. When you use our website, we may automatically collect the data sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This may include:
- your IP address
- device information including, but not limited to, identifier, name, and type of operating system
- mobile network information
- standard web information, such as your browser type and the content you access on our Service.
Other information.You may from time to time provide any other information relating to you in any form you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you.
If you provide Personal Data of a third party (e.g. information of your dependent, spouse, children, and/or parents) to us, you represent and warrant that the collection, use, and disclosure of that Personal Data to us, as well as the further processing of that Personal Data by us for the purposes set out in this policy, is lawful.
3. How do we use and disclose your Personal Data?
We do not use or disclose Personal Data to others except as described in this policy.
In general, we will, subject to applicable law, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- provide you with the products or services that you have requested
- help us review, develop, improve, manage the delivery of and – to the extent this requires the use of Personal Data – enhance our products and services
- communicate with you and respond to your queries, requests and complaints
- provide ongoing information about our products and services which may be of interest to you
- manage our infrastructure and business operations and comply with internal policies and procedures.
We share your data with selected recipients. These categories of recipients include our group members and affiliates.
We will share your Personal Data with law enforcement agencies, public authorities, financial regulators, state banks and financial authorities, or other organisations if legally required to do so, or if we think such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation, process or request
- enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
We will also disclose your Personal Data to third parties which include:
- any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset or share sale) involving the BECIS Group
- our professional advisors such as our auditors and lawyers
- our joint venture/ alliance partners
- anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and obligations, including, for example, where we obtain the services of a third party organisation to handle any aspect of the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes notified to you in accordance with this policy.
4. Where do we store your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data (to the extent received by us) may be stored in Singapore and other external servers located overseas. In addition, as described above, in carrying out our business, it may be necessary to share information about you with and between our related corporations and affiliates, and third-party service providers, some of which may be located in countries outside your country of residence. Such countries may not afford a standard of protection similar to those in your country of residence. However, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data transmitted outside of your country of residence is adequately protected. In addition, we will ensure that such transfers comply with the requirements of the applicable data protection laws.
5. The security of your Personal Data
Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted through the website or over email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Data, we will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your Personal Data against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, access, or modification.
We will, from time to time, host links to and from the websites of our affiliates or third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, these websites will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to those websites.
6. How long do we store your Personal Data?
We maintain retention policies of records containing Personal Data to ensure Personal Data is not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which the data is or is to be used. Different retention periods apply to the various kinds of Personal Data collected and held by us in accordance with policies in standing instructions and administration manuals.
7. Your rights
You may have the right to request access to and correction of your Personal Data held by us (except where the exercise of these are restricted under applicable laws – for example, due to judicial proceedings or the carrying out of investigations). If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us at the contact details set out in paragraph 1 above.
Where we rely on your consent to use your Personal Data, you may have the right to withdraw that consent at any time under applicable laws. This withdrawal will however not affect any legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. If you withdraw your consent to any or all purposes and depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you.
10. Governing Law
This policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore, and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.