Job Description: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Manila, Philippines
Start Date: ASAP
BECIS develops, finances, and operates comprehensive solutions to Commercial and Industrial customers with significant presence in Thailand, Indonesia, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, and China. BECIS leverages its deep technical expertise and a strong balance sheet to finance, design, build, and operate onsite complex energy projects through long-term contracts to help industrial customers to meet their energy cost reduction, sustainability, and resiliency goals.
We focus on delivering and operating fit to purpose technological solutions and services for each of our customers.
BECIS is currently looking for a talented Supply Chain Manager / Officer professional for BECIS Philippines business unit and support the company’s growth in Asia.
The position holder will lead procurement, quality control, and reporting activities for renewable energy plants, including bioenergy, rooftop solar installations and other Energy-as-a-Service solutions offered by BECIS.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for identifying and developing strategic partnership with potential biomass supply partners for e.g. rice husk and wood residues. As a Supply Chain Manager, you will take the lead in developing new biomass supply partnership opportunities that support BECIS growth strategy. We are seeking a candidate with an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for business development and a proven track record of success through hands-on and proactive approach.
You will work closely with (internal and external) C-level decision makers. Primary reporting line will be to General Manager – Philippines, with functional reporting to COO, Bioenergy.
- General procurement
- Negotiating terms and contracts for equipment needed for, for example, rooftop solar project implementation
- Assist in import and customs procedures
- Managing the procurement process
- Identifying and qualify suppliers and vendors to satisfy demand for biomass for project pipeline
- Implement BECIS process to procure, store, process, and supply biomass fuel
- Negotiate contracts and maintain positive business relationships with partners
- Monitor supply cost and quality
- Monitor and track monthly costs for internal review and reporting
- Project management
- Assist in project development and implementation; knowledge in local regulation related to construction and environmental matters is considered are a benefit
- Supply partnership development
- Identifying and developing new biomass partnership opportunities/prospect and others potential biomass suppliers at all stages
- Collaboration and follow-up with partners and potential partners
- Develop and execute a biomass strategic plan that meets with the corporate strategy
- Collaborate with Biomass Business Development Manager at BECIS to develop and close biomass fuel procurement contracts. Drafting and negotiating proposals and execute supply/partnership agreements
- Preparing and presenting new partnership models
- Drafting and negotiating proposals, supply/partnership agreements.
- Collaboration with other internal teams to ensure successful implementation of BECIS projects
- The candidate will occasionally be involved in various duties outside of their usual scope of work, such as pre-contract/first draft contract clarifications with clients and admin tasks.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant university degree (Master or Bachelor), e.g. technical or business-related studies
- Native speaker of Tagalog plus advanced level of English, both written and spoken
- Ability to travel as and when required
- 6-10 years of experience managing procurement operations, preferably for biomass. Established networks to rice milling business and other suppliers are a plus
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and executing contracts
- Having experience in biomass/energy projects or operations will be an advantage
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Contract knowledge
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving & decision making
- Planning and organizing
- Self-starter and proactive – ability to work independently without constant supervision
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BECIS
- Opportunity to build a career with a growing organization in an exciting industry,
- A diverse, multinational, and multicultural team,
- To be part of a team that leads and drives new and innovative initiatives in renewable energy in Asia,
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
BECIS is a strong advocate of workforce diversity, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on any legally protected status or characteristic: Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject “PH Supply Chain Manager”